ActionScript3 port of XStream

kokorin86@gmail.com
Hello, XStream users!
I ported XStream to AS3 and called that library AStream. You can see it
here: https://github.com/kokorin/AStream

AStream currently supports:
  - Primitive types (int, uint, Number, String, Boolean and null)
  - Complex types
  - Enums (based on as3.lang.Enum)
  - Collections: Array, typed Vector and all collections from Flex
(based on mx.collections.IList)
  - Implicit collections (without separate parent tag)
  - Classes implementing IExternalizable
  - Aliases for class, property and package
  - Different types of handling cycle- and cross-references in object
  - Output customization with metadata and code

Does anyone interested in that port?
Is there a chance that it would be mentioned on XStream site?

Re: ActionScript3 port of XStream

Paul Hammant-3
Of course were very interested, and encouraging :)

But, 'scuse me for asking, but how faithful was the port of java to js/actionscrpt?  Would git recognize the 'fork' of individual source files?

- ph

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 31, 2014, at 11:52 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello, XStream users!
> I ported XStream to AS3 and called that library AStream. You can see it here: https://github.com/kokorin/AStream
>
> AStream currently supports:
> - Primitive types (int, uint, Number, String, Boolean and null)
> - Complex types
> - Enums (based on as3.lang.Enum)
> - Collections: Array, typed Vector and all collections from Flex (based on mx.collections.IList)
> - Implicit collections (without separate parent tag)
> - Classes implementing IExternalizable
> - Aliases for class, property and package
> - Different types of handling cycle- and cross-references in object
> - Output customization with metadata and code
>
> Does anyone interested in that port?
> Is there a chance that it would be mentioned on XStream site?

Re: ActionScript3 port of XStream

kokorin86@gmail.com
Possibly I was wrong when I used the term "port". All code is written
from scratch. AStream does not implement all features of XStream.
Main differences are as follows:
- Implicit collections can't contain null values
- JSON output is not supported
- Maps are still to be implemented
- Not all java types have a corresponding type in AS3.

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello, XStream users!
> I ported XStream to AS3 and called that library AStream. You can see it
> here: https://github.com/kokorin/AStream
>
> AStream currently supports:
>   - Primitive types (int, uint, Number, String, Boolean and null)
>   - Complex types
>   - Enums (based on as3.lang.Enum)
>   - Collections: Array, typed Vector and all collections from Flex
> (based on mx.collections.IList)
>   - Implicit collections (without separate parent tag)
>   - Classes implementing IExternalizable
>   - Aliases for class, property and package
>   - Different types of handling cycle- and cross-references in object
>   - Output customization with metadata and code
>
> Does anyone interested in that port?
> Is there a chance that it would be mentioned on XStream site?

For sure, we can add a link on the references page in an own section for
ports.