Exception: java.security.CodeSource.readObject()

Exception: java.security.CodeSource.readObject()

Megha Agarval
Hi,

I am using xstream 1.1.3 and jvm 1.5.0_13. So by default xstream runs in
enhanced mode. I am getting the following error:

Exception in thread "main"
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Could not call
java.security.CodeSource.readObject()
---- Debugging information ----
required-type       : java.security.CodeSource
cause-message       : null
class               : com.icegreen.greenmail.Managers
message             : Could not call java.security.CodeSource.readObject()
line number         : 8156
path                :
/com.icegreen.greenmail.Managers/imapHostManager/store/rootMailbox/children/com.icegreen.greenmail.store.InMemoryStore-HierarchicalFolder[3]/children/com.icegreen.greenmail.store.InMemoryStore-HierarchicalFolder/__mailboxListeners/java.util.Collections-SynchronizedCollection/default/c/com.icegreen.greenmail.imap.ImapSessionFolder/__session/handler/contextClassLoader/pdcache/entry/java.security.CodeSource/java.security.CodeSource

cause-exception     : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

RE: Exception: java.security.CodeSource.readObject()

Jörg Schaible-3
Hi Megha,

Megha Agarval wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using xstream 1.1.3 and jvm 1.5.0_13. So by default
> xstream runs in
> enhanced mode. I am getting the following error:
>
> Exception in thread "main"
> com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:
> Could not call
> java.security.CodeSource.readObject()
> ---- Debugging information ----
> required-type       : java.security.CodeSource
> cause-message       : null
> class               : com.icegreen.greenmail.Managers
> message             : Could not call
> java.security.CodeSource.readObject()
> line number         : 8156
> path                :
> /com.icegreen.greenmail.Managers/imapHostManager/store/rootMai
> lbox/children/com.icegreen.greenmail.store.InMemoryStore-Hiera
rchicalFolder[3]/children/com.icegreen.greenmail.store.InMemoryStore-HierarchicalFolder/>
__mailboxListeners/java.util.Collections-SynchronizedCollectio
n/default/c/com.icegreen.greenmail.imap.ImapSessionFolder/>
__session/handler/contextClassLoader/pdcache/entry/java.securi
> ty.CodeSource/java.security.CodeSource
>
> cause-exception     : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> -------------------------------
>
> Any idea what could be the problem ?

Can you post the complete stack trace?

Any reason why you use such an old XStream version? Can you try th elatest SNAPSHOT instead (http://xstream.codehaus.org/download.html)?

Re: Exception: java.security.CodeSource.readObject()

Megha Agarval
Hi Jorg,

I tried with the latest version of xstream. Still there is an error.
Here is the complete stack trace:

Exception in thread "main"
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Could not call
java.security.CodeSource.readObject() : null
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Could not call java.security.CodeSource.readObject()
cause-exception     : java.lang.RuntimeException
cause-message       : null
class               : com.icegreen.greenmail.Managers
required-type       : java.security.CodeSource
path                :
/com.icegreen.greenmail.Managers/imapHostManager/store/rootMailbox/children/com.icegreen.greenmail.store.InMemoryStore$HierarchicalFolder[3]/children/com.icegreen.greenmail.store.InMemoryStore$HierarchicalFolder/_mailboxListeners/java.util.Collections$SynchronizedCollection/default/c/com.icegreen.greenmail.imap.ImapSessionFolder/_session/handler/contextClassLoader/domains/java.security.ProtectionDomain/codesource/java.security.CodeSource
line number         : 1960
-------------------------------
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializationMethodInvoker.callReadObject(SerializationMethodInvoker.java:88)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializableConverter.doUnmarshal(SerializableConverter.java:386)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:150)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:81)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:55)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:75)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:206)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:150)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:81)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:55)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:75)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:59)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.readItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:77)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCollection(CollectionConverter.java:68)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.unmarshal(CollectionConverter.java:61)
[...]
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializableConverter$2.defaultReadObject(SerializableConverter.java:351)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializableConverter.doUnmarshal(SerializableConverter.java:390)
[...]
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:142)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:33)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:931)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:917)
        at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:899)
        at com.icegreen.greenmail.util.AdnGreenMail.<init>(AdnGreenMail.java:101)
        at
com.icegreen.greenmail.DeployServices.startservice(DeployServices.java:103)
        at com.icegreen.greenmail.DeployServices.main(DeployServices.java:38)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.moveDown(AbstractPullReader.java:96)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.ReaderWrapper.moveDown(ReaderWrapper.java:36)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.path.PathTrackingReader.moveDown(PathTrackingReader.java:37)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializableConverter$2.readFromStream(SerializableConverter.java:275)
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.CustomObjectInputStream.readObjectOverride(CustomObjectInputStream.java:86)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:342)
        at java.security.CodeSource.readObject(CodeSource.java:562)
        at
        at
        at
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializationMethodInvoker.callReadObject(SerializationMethodInvoker.java:84)
        ... 115 more

Regards,
Megha

Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Hi Megha,
>
> Megha Agarval wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using xstream 1.1.3 and jvm 1.5.0_13. So by default
>> xstream runs in
>> enhanced mode. I am getting the following error:
>>
>> Exception in thread "main"
>> com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:
>> Could not call
>> java.security.CodeSource.readObject()
>> ---- Debugging information ----
>> required-type       : java.security.CodeSource
>> cause-message       : null
>> class               : com.icegreen.greenmail.Managers
>> message             : Could not call
>> java.security.CodeSource.readObject()
>> line number         : 8156
>> path                :
>> /com.icegreen.greenmail.Managers/imapHostManager/store/rootMai
>> lbox/children/com.icegreen.greenmail.store.InMemoryStore-Hiera
> rchicalFolder[3]/children/com.icegreen.greenmail.store.InMemoryStore-HierarchicalFolder/>
> __mailboxListeners/java.util.Collections-SynchronizedCollectio
> n/default/c/com.icegreen.greenmail.imap.ImapSessionFolder/>
> __session/handler/contextClassLoader/pdcache/entry/java.securi
>> ty.CodeSource/java.security.CodeSource
>>
>> cause-exception     : java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>> -------------------------------
>>
>> Any idea what could be the problem ?
>
> Can you post the complete stack trace?
>
> Any reason why you use such an old XStream version? Can you try th elatest SNAPSHOT instead (http://xstream.codehaus.org/download.html)?
>
> Cheers,
> Jörg

  AdNovum Informatik AG
  Agarval Megha,
  Informatik Student EPFL

  Roentgenstrasse 22, CH-8005 Zurich
  mailto:[hidden email]
  phone: +41 44 272 6111, fax: +41 44 272 6312
  http://www.adnovum.ch

  AdNovum Offices: Bern, Budapest, San Mateo, Zurich (HQ)

RE: Exception: java.security.CodeSource.readObject()

Jörg Schaible-3
Hi Magha,

Megha Agarval wrote:
> Hi Jorg,
>
> I tried with the latest version of xstream.

Which one exaclty? 1.3 or one of the 1.3.1 pre releases?

> Still there is an error.
> Here is the complete stack trace:
>
> Exception in thread "main"
> com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:
> Could not call
> java.security.CodeSource.readObject() : null
> ---- Debugging information ----
> message             : Could not call
> java.security.CodeSource.readObject()
> cause-exception     : java.lang.RuntimeException
> cause-message       : null
> class               : com.icegreen.greenmail.Managers
> required-type       : java.security.CodeSource
> path                :
> /com.icegreen.greenmail.Managers/imapHostManager/store/rootMai
> lbox/children/com.icegreen.greenmail.store.InMemoryStore$Hiera
rchicalFolder[3]/children/com.icegreen.greenmail.store.InMemoryStore$HierarchicalFolder/>
_mailboxListeners/java.util.Collections$SynchronizedCollection
/default/c/com.icegreen.greenmail.imap.ImapSessionFolder/>
_session/handler/contextClassLoader/domains/java.security.Prot
> ectionDomain/codesource/java.security.CodeSource
> line number         : 1960
> at
> com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializationMe
> thodInvoker.callReadObject(SerializationMethodInvoker.java:88) at
> com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializableCon
> verter.doUnmarshal(SerializableConverter.java:386)

[snip]

well, if you look into the "Debugging Information" above you see as cause a RuntimeException, but your stack trace does not contain any "caused by ..." exceptions with their own stack trace. Therefore I still ask, was it all?

Additionally I can see from the "path" element, that XStream currently tries to unmarshal a CloassLoader. This is something that is normally not going to work. This information has to be retrieved from the current running instance. So you can e.g. using a custom converter for the "handler" element that sets the contextClassLoader again.