XStream enhanced mode on IKVM

dimka
Hi,
I am trying to port java utility to .net dll by using ikvm. Everything works
fine except the fact that XStream works in simple mode under ikvm, causing
failures on serializing classes without parameterized constructors, for
example. Could support of IKVM be added/tricked?

Re: XStream enhanced mode on IKVM

dimka wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to port java utility to .net dll by using ikvm. Everything
> works fine except the fact that XStream works in simple mode under ikvm,
> causing failures on serializing classes without parameterized
> constructors, for example. Could support of IKVM be added/tricked?

actually it has been requested before:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/XSTR-274

I'd happily include support for IKVM, but somebody has to do the work,
patches welcome. Personally I have no .NET environment to develop nor any
experience with .NET.

Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@...> writes:

> actually it has been requested before:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/XSTR-274
>
> I'd happily include support for IKVM, but somebody has to do the work,
> patches welcome. Personally I have no .NET environment to develop nor any
> experience with .NET.
>
> Cheers,
> Jörg

Hi,
I developed a patch locally and it works for me. So, I'd happily contribute.
Would you like me to send code by email or register as a contributor and
commit to svn for review?

dimka wrote:

> Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@...> writes:
>
>> actually it has been requested before:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/XSTR-274
>>
>> I'd happily include support for IKVM, but somebody has to do the work,
>> patches welcome. Personally I have no .NET environment to develop nor any
>> experience with .NET.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jörg
>

> Hi,
> I developed a patch locally and it works for me. So, I'd happily
> contribute. Would you like me to send code by email or register as a
> contributor and commit to svn for review?

Sounds great. Please open an issue in JIRA and add the path there as
attachment.

You'll need a full account at xircles that will enable JIRA for you.