XStream field ordering in XML

Tjad Clark
This post was updated on .
I seem to be having a problem in that my objects don't get fully populated if the XML is written with a different field order to that of what XStream unmarshals my objects to - I am explicitly writing my own XML representation of a class object - which I believe is correct according to how XStream marshals my objects, the only difference I see, is that the ordering of the fields in the XML I define is different to that of the ordering which XStream creates when marshalling.

I am not understanding how this could be possible as I feel that the ordering of fields should be irrelevant during unmarshalling.

I am using as a dependency:
'com.thoughtworks.xstream:xstream:1.4.4'