api modification request

Pablo Lalloni-2
Some time ago I've posted here a request for adding support for exposing the
ConverterLookup from [Un]MarshallinContext to be used from other converters.

Particularly I've implemented a modified ReflectionConverter to suit our needs
of not always putting the class="" attribute when property type is a
superclass or interface of the property value. For this I needed access to
the ConverterLookup, hence the patch.

I'm sending now this little patch in hope it is included in a future release
of XStream so we can stop making custom builds. Please! :)

Regards.

--
Pablo I. Lalloni <[hidden email]>

Jabber#[hidden email]

xstream-1.1.2-pampa.patch (2K) Download Attachment

Re: api modification request

Grégory Joseph
Hi,

On 06/01/06, Pablo Lalloni <[hidden email]> wrote:
< ... >
> I'm sending now this little patch in hope it is included in a future release
> of XStream so we can stop making custom builds. Please! :)

Can't say anything about it, but just an advice: stuff it in jira
before it gets forgotten about ;)

cheers,

Re: api modification request

Jörg Schaible-2
Grégory Joseph wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 06/01/06, Pablo Lalloni
> <[hidden email]> wrote: < ... >
>> I'm sending now this little patch in hope it is included in a future
>> release of XStream so we can stop making custom builds. Please! :)
>
> Can't say anything about it, but just an advice: stuff it in jira
> before it gets forgotten about ;)

Extactly! And add a test case to demonstrate and verify the functionality.

- Jörg