problems using xstream with osgi

Dorit Sagir
Hi,
One of our modules uses xstream to read and write xml.
We are trying to use this module in felix and we have exceptions when reading xml.
we added few packages to the bootdelegation of felix (sun.*,com.sun.*,sun.misc.*)
and now it works on some of the our computers but not all while the module works fine without felix.
We would appreciate your help.
the xstream version is 1.1.2 and we have problems running on windows 7 enterprise 64-bit, jdk 1.7
Thanks, Dorit

Re: problems using xstream with osgi

Jörg Schaible-2
Hi Dorit,

Dorit Sagir wrote:

> Hi,
> One of our modules uses xstream to read and write xml.
> We are trying to use this module in felix and we have exceptions when
> reading xml.
> we added few packages to the bootdelegation of felix
> (sun.*,com.sun.*,sun.misc.*)
> and now it works on some of the our computers but not all while the module
> works fine without felix.

Sorry, I don't have any experience with OSGi.

> We would appreciate your help.
> the xstream version is 1.1.2 and we have problems running on windows 7
> enterprise 64-bit, jdk 1.7

Well, is there any reason why you use such an ancient version? It will
definitely not enable the enhanced mode automatically, Java 7 by vendor
Oracle was definitely an unknown Java version 8 years ago.