serializing only part of an object (not mine)

serializing only part of an object (not mine)

jmjg
Hi,

I'm using xstream 1.1.2. For the members of my classes that i dont
wnat serialized i use transient, thats fine. But what if I want to
serialize an object whose class is not defined by me? What is the way
to have some of its members excluded?

If it's a converter, is there any sample of such a thing, one that
excludes some members and for the rest just falls back to the default
way...

thanks,
javi

Re: serializing only part of an object (not mine)

Grégory Joseph
Javier,

On 12/01/06, javier muguruza <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using xstream 1.1.2. For the members of my classes that i dont
> wnat serialized i use transient, thats fine. But what if I want to
> serialize an object whose class is not defined by me? What is the way
> to have some of its members excluded?
>
> If it's a converter, is there any sample of such a thing, one that
> excludes some members and for the rest just falls back to the default
> way...

The are tons of converter samples in the sources ;)