[xstream-user] XSTR-233 workaround?

daune.jf
Hi,

I am using XStream, and after a refactoring of my classes, I now face the
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/XSTR-233 problem.

This is completely blocking me.

XStream is actually setting a int[] where my class expects an Object[]. This is
even not licit from Java perspective!

I would like to know if someone has a fix for this, or at least a workaround.

I have run through the XStream code, but I don't see an easy way to fix this.
I have only located the code that computes the string 'int-array' instead of
java.lang.Integer-array (due to ClassAliasingMapper mapping 'java.lang.Integer'
to 'int')

I am ready to spend time doing the fix if I get some support from XStream
developer(s).

Best regards,

J-F

[xstream-user] Re: XSTR-233 workaround?

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using XStream, and after a refactoring of my classes, I now face the
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/XSTR-233 problem.
>
> This is completely blocking me.
>
> XStream is actually setting a int[] where my class expects an Object[].
> This is even not licit from Java perspective!
>
> I would like to know if someone has a fix for this, or at least a
> workaround.
>
> I have run through the XStream code, but I don't see an easy way to fix
> this. I have only located the code that computes the string 'int-array'
> instead of java.lang.Integer-array (due to ClassAliasingMapper mapping
> 'java.lang.Integer' to 'int')
>
> I am ready to spend time doing the fix if I get some support from XStream
> developer(s).

I've checked in a fix for the upcoming version. You may try a snapshot.

- J?rg

Re: [xstream-user] Re: XSTR-233 workaround?

daune.jf
Jörg Schaible <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi Joerg,

thanks for responsiveness!

Your patch works fine.

I just wanted you to know that the snapshot download from XStream website does
not contain the same version than in Subversion repository.

I had to download source code and compile to get it working.

Do you know when next official release is planned?

Best regards,

J-F Daune

RE: [xstream-user] Re: XSTR-233 workaround?

Jörg Schaible
[hidden email] wrote on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:46 AM:

> Jörg Schaible <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Joerg,
>
> thanks for responsiveness!
>
> Your patch works fine.
>
> I just wanted you to know that the snapshot download from
> XStream website does not contain the same version than in Subversion
> repository.
>
> I had to download source code and compile to get it working.

Right. I forgot that our "new" CI server (well, not so new anymore) cannot distribute the results automatically as it happened before. Mauro, any progress for a scp/ssh connection to beaver?

> Do you know when next official release is planned?

No, nothing planned yet. We have some bug fixes now and it might be right to do a 1.1.3 or 1.2 release, but it seems it is currently more a problem of spare time for Joe, Mauro and me.

RE: [xstream-user] Re: XSTR-233 workaround?

daune.jf
> [hidden email] wrote on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:46 AM:
>
>> Jörg Schaible <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Joerg,
>>
>> thanks for responsiveness!
>>
>> Your patch works fine.
>>
>> I just wanted you to know that the snapshot download from
>> XStream website does not contain the same version than in Subversion
>> repository.
>>
>> I had to download source code and compile to get it working.
>
> Right. I forgot that our "new" CI server (well, not so new anymore)
> cannot distribute the results automatically as it happened before.
> Mauro, any progress for a scp/ssh connection to beaver?
>
>> Do you know when next official release is planned?
>
> No, nothing planned yet. We have some bug fixes now and it might be
> right to do a 1.1.3 or 1.2 release, but it seems it is currently more
> a problem of spare time for Joe, Mauro and me.

I understand, of course.

Keep up the good work !

Cheers,

J-F